Applicants must provide an original birth certificate in order to verify the age of a child.
The Board of Governors reserve the right to require such supplementary evidence as it may determine to support of verify information on any application form. The provision of false or incorrect information of the failure to provide information within the deadline set by the preschools can result in the withdrawal of a place and the inability to offer a place on the part of any school nominated on the applicant’s application form.
Children who are not normally resident in Northern Ireland at the time of proposed admission will not be considered for places until all children who reside in Northern Ireland have been considered.
DENI Circular 2005/09 Open Enrolment in Nursery School has highlighted new procedures to be included:
Governors can now give priority consideration to late applications for children in their final pre-school year over applications form under age children. Children already attending the Nursery no longer have an automatic entitlement to a second year of pre-school education. Parent must submit a new application, which will be consider with all other applications.
Priority will be given to children who are in their final year of pre-school.
The Board of Governors have determined that in the event of more applications than places available, the following admissions criteria will be applied, in the other set down, to select children for the available places.
- Children born between 2 July 2010 and 1 July 2011 whose parent(s)/guardian(s) is/are in receipt of Income Support or Income-based Job Seekers Allowance who reside in the parish of Nativity.
- Children born between 2 July 2010 and 1 August 2011 whose parent(s)/guardian(s) is/are in receipt of Income Support or Income-based Job Seekers Allowance.
- Children born between 2 July 2010 and 1 July 2011 from the parish of Nativity who are considered by Education and Library Board as having significant special educational needs which indicate that the child would benefit from nursery education. Documentary evidence must be submitted to Board of Governors.
- Children born between 2 July 2010 and 1 July 2011 whose parent(s)/guardian(s) reside in the parish of Nativity.
- Other children born between 2 July 2010 and 1 July 2011.
- Children born between 2 July 2011 and 1 July 2012 in order of age (eldest first).